6TH ANNUAL ARLINGTON BASS CLASSIC
APRIL 7, 2018 • LAKE ARLINGTON | RICHARD SIMPSON PARK
Over $25,000 in Potential Prizes!
INAUGURAL KAYAK BASS CLASSIC
MARCH 31, 2018 • LAKE ARLINGTON | RICHARD SIMPSON PARK
Click Here for more info on the kayak classic
BASS CLASSIC ENTRY FEE:
Registration is $100 per team (1 or 2 people) and includes Big Bass contest. One boat per team. Top 8 places paid for biggest stringer.
For entry info and rules & regulations on the kayak classic, click here.
Lake Record – $25,000
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 5:30-6:40 AM: Registration & Check-In at Richard Simpson Park
- 6:45 AM: Pre-Tournament Meeting
- 7:00 AM: Tournament Starts
- 3:00 PM: Tournament Ends
- 3:30 PM: Weigh-In Deadline
- Tournament prizes will be given to the top 8 teams for big stringer. Prizes will be in the form of checks or gift cards. 1st place team will also be recognized as Lake Arlington Bass Classic Champions.
- The big bass prize is $200 (based on 40 teams), and will be awarded to the team who catches the biggest bass of the event. If there is a tie, prize will be split evenly.
- There are no separate divisions based on age or ability.
- Ties will be decided by:
- Number of fish weighed in.
- Biggest bass weighed by each team in tie
- Coin flip
- Teams who finish outside the top-8 will be placed in a random drawing for two $50 sporting goods gift card after conclusion of tournament (must be present to win).
Please contact Scott DeGrant at 817-575-8306 or by email: Scott.DeGrant (at) arlingtontx.gov
- Tournament is limited to 40 teams that register. Pre-registration is encouraged to ensure your spot. If at capacity, no walk-up entries on tournament day will be permitted.
- Registration is $100 per team (1 or 2 people) with a $20 deposit prepaid online. One boat per team. Top 8 places paid for biggest stringer.
- Big Bass pot is included with entry. $200 for winner.
- Anglers must pre-register online and pay the $20 deposit. The remaining $80 balance is due on tournament day (CASH only) between 5:30 a.m. and 6:40 a.m. in the Richard Simpson lake room. Entry fee is non-refundable.
- A brief, pre-tournament meeting will be held in the Richard Simpson lake room promptly at 6:40 a.m. This meeting is mandatory for all contestants.
- The tournament start time is 7:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. All boats must be within the safety buoys at 3:00 p.m. A one pound per minute penalty will be assessed for late arrivals.
- Anglers must be in line to weigh fish before 3:30 p.m. ALL anglers are REQUIRED to check-out with the tournament director prior to leaving the lake, regardless of number of fish caught or if leaving prior to tournament weigh in time.
- Tournament is open to all anglers, however, anglers 17 or under MUST have a parent/guardian authorization on registration form.
- Tournament director will weigh up to 5 bass (largemouth only, 14 inch minimum) per team. Total combined weight of 5 fish will be recorded and be used for tournament placement. Contestants may only possess 5 bass in the boat or live well, unless they are in the process of culling.
- Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters available to the public and accessible by boat, except areas posted or otherwise designated as “off-limits,” “no boats,” “keep out,” “restricted,” “no trespassing” or “no fishing” (or similar language or markings intended to restrict public access) by local, state or federal officials, or within 50 yards of a contestant’s boat that was first anchored.
- All anglers must fish from a boat and in waters accessible by boat only (you are not permitted to leave the boat to reach another fishing hole).
- Only artificial lures may be used for fishing. No live bait is permitted.
- Only 1 rod at a time, per fisherman may be used.
- “Hole Sitting” is not allowed (i.e. anglers may not stake out or have someone stake out a particular spot for fishing).
- All anglers must have a valid Lake Arlington boat permit (1-day permits available for purchase on tournament day).
- All anglers must present a valid Texas state fishing license and agree to abide by all rules and safety statements listed on registration document and/or briefed at start of tournament.
- Texas state fishing laws/rules dictate minimum/maximum and slot limits of all fish. Largemouth bass must be 14 inches to be weighed. Dead fish weighed in will result in a 4 ounce penalty (.25lbs)
- Boats must contain a properly aerated live well space to maintain alive a limit catch of bass by both contestants. Every effort must be taken to keep fish alive through tournament and weigh in. All live fish will be released back in the lake immediately after weigh-in.
- Maximum horsepower for all outboards used in tournament competition will be 250 horsepower, not to exceed the horsepower capacity set forth on the “Maximum Capacities” placard.
- All anglers will wear a fastened U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation device, with attached engine kill switch, while combustion engine is in operation during tournament hours in the waters of Lake Arlington.
- Anglers who are minors are required to wear a US Coast Guard approved flotation device the entire time they are on the water.
- No alcohol or drug use is allowed during tournament.
- Each vessel is subject to random safety checks at any time during the tournament to ensure all required safety devices, lights; horns, etc. are in working order. Checks may be performed by any of the following: Tournament director, Parks & Recreation staff, City of Arlington Police, or Texas Game Warden.
- At the discretion of the tournament director, Tournament day may be shortened, postponed or canceled due to unsafe weather/water conditions.
Register before March 1 and your team will be entered in a drawing for a $50 sporting goods gift card!
Grand prizes valued at over $25,000. The top 8 places for big stringer will be paid with Visa gift cards. Not too confident in your fishing ability? Teams who finish outside the top 8 will be placed in a random drawing for a pair of $50 sporting goods gift cards at conclusion of tournament! It’s a win-win.
Don’t wait any longer, register today!
2018 Arlington Bass Classic
ABOUT LAKE ARLINGTON:
Lake Arlington is a municipally owned multi-purpose reservoir used for municipal and industrial water supply, and for recreational purposes. The reservoir is located on Village Creek in Tarrant County at the western edge of Arlington. The lake covers approximately 2,250 surface acres and has a watershed of 143 square miles. The service spillway overflow elevation is 550 feet above mean sea level.
Lake Arlington is maintained and operated by the City of Arlington Parks and Recreation Department. The Lake Office is located at 6300 West Arkansas Ln. The Lake Office phone number is 817-451-6860.